TIEs with Teachers is looking for American educators to join us in Nepal this summer for a 4-week exchange of teaching methods and cultural insight.
In summer 2018, TIEs (Two-way Intercultural Exchanges) is running our third annual summer program. For 4 weeks, American and Nepali teachers will be connecting and collaborating in Patan, Nepal.
Each party, the Americans and Nepalis, will be sharing their unique strengths as educators though co-teaching, co-planning, and presenting professional development workshops. Participants will also collaborate on curriculum planning and assessment methods, and work with administration on new initiatives.
Roshan and Elise co-teaching science.
If interested, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th 2018 :
Cover letter expressing what you hope to gain from the program
Resume detailing your teaching experience
If you have additional questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Email Tim at email@example.com, he would love to hear from you.
Program includes $1,200 stipend toward international flight to Nepal, free room and partial board.
The 4-week program begins on June 29th, 2018.
- Hold a current K-12 teaching position
- Have a minimum 1-year professional teaching experience
- Demonstrate an ability to plan/lead professional development trainings
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, teach, and collaborate well with others
- Demonstrate personal qualities of flexibility, adventurousness, and passion for cultural diversity